Saturday, November 26, 2005

File Infector Viruses

Many of the earliest viruses were file infector viruses, and these viruses continue to wreak havoc today. They attach themselves to programs or other executable files, sometimes even overwriting the files. When the program executes from a hard drive, floppy diskette, or a network resource, the virus code activates and infects other files.
Although most infected file types have .COM or .EXE file extensions, file infector viruses also can infect files using .BIN, .DRV, .OVL, .SYS, and other extensions. File infectors vary significantly in their methods, and researchers identify them according to their behavior.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I initially left a comment I seem to have
clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and
from now on each time a comment is added I receive 4 emails with the exact same comment.

Perhaps there is a way you are able to remove me from that service?
Appreciate it!

Also visit my site ... airplane games simulator

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home